WHY WE PREFER GLASS
Both glass and plastic have their drawbacks and their benefits. When it comes down to it, whether you choose plastic or glass, the best thing you can do is to recycle them so that they can both work towards bettering the environment.
This is why we prefer glass and ways you can use it.
Glass is superior because it is:
- non-porous, meaning that it won’t transfer food smells
- keeps foods safe (without leaching any harmful material into them)
- reduces landfill waste
- saves money
- easy to clean
- plus, it looks better than plastic
My husband defiantly think I’m a glass jar hoarder, but I’m not. I just know what you can use all those jars for.
Ways you can reuse your glass jars:
- Fermented foods
- Sourdough starter
- Dried herbs
- Bulk goods
- Freezing soups and broths
- DIY Beauty and Body products
- DIY Cleaning products
- Storing those random odds around the house